The RSPCA Preston & District Branch is a self-funding, separately registered charity that provides food, shelter and medical care for rescued animals until we can find them loving, permanent homes. Although we are affiliated to the National RSPCA, we are not funded by them and receive no government funding for our work. Instead we rely on public donations and the generosity of the community to keep the centre open.
The key aim of the branch is to find suitable new homes for as many animals as possible which come into our care, and to provide proper care for those who have been mistreated or abandoned. In addition we offer financial assistance for veterinary treatment to owners on some government benefits. Wherever possible, animals are neutered and micro-chipped before being re-homed.
In an average year, our costs are around a staggering Â£240,000, so your donations and fundraising activities are vital in order to help us keep the centre open. On this website, you can take a look at the animals we have available for adoption, see clinic details, find out how to get involved in fundraising events or when our charity events are taking place and, of course, make a donation to the branch or offer your support as a volunteer.
Thank you for visiting and supporting our centre!
Did you know...?
- 1That we are totally self-funding?
- 2That it costs approximately Â£600 a day to run the animal centre?
- 3That we always need volunteers?
- 4That all donations are used for the wellbeing of our animals?
- 5That you can join our Safe Haven Scheme online?
- 6That we have a charity shop in Chorley town centre?
- 7That we have a Vet Clinic on Lancaster Road in Preston?
- 8That we have an eBay shop & auction page?
- 9That we have a pet accessories shop at the animal centre?
- 10That you can donate any amount, no matter how large or small, online?